The next MVMA meeting will be this Saturday, May 13th , from 9:30 am to Noon at the DARA Clubhouse, 6619 Bellefontaine Road, Huber Heights, OH 45424.
- Recent Successes and Learning Experiences
- Status of Mesh Networks and Installs
- Report on Xenia 2nd Street Water Tank Install (completed)
- Report on KAS Tower Mesh and WinLink Install
- Maker Faire Participation??
- Mesh at Hamvention
- Hands-On Workshops (flash nodes, etc.)
- Mesh at Hamvention this year will include:
- An on-air presence, hosted by an Omni Node and Camera on the DARA Van mast, located adjacent to Building 1
- The Mesh Booth, #1001, located in the south-west corner of Building 1. The booth will host:
- Mini-Classes, given by AREDN Core Team representatives, at the booth. Likely topics include:
- Mesh Implementation Techniques
- Network Planning and Link Performance Estimation
- VOIP Applications for Rapid Deployment
- Mesh Network Applications for EmComm
- Network Performance Metrics and Tools
- How to “Un-Brick” a Mesh Node
- WinLink integration with Mesh
- Live streaming video cameras
- Using MeshChat
- How to Setup Node Location Data
- Meet and Greet the passing crowd…. supported by MVMA and AREDN representatives.
- A Mesh Forum, presented by AREDN’s Andre Hansen, K6AH, Saturday at 1:30 in Forum Room 2.
- Andre Hansen, K6AH, of the Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network (AREDN) Project, will speak on how to build an effective AuxComm, high-speed data network based on Ubiquiti airMAX products and the AREDN Project’s firmware.
- Andre will describe a 3-tiered architecture—using illustrations of actual installations—where AREDN implementers in San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties have combined to cover over 16,000 square miles with a potential of supporting Incident Command System (Memorandum Of Understanding) relationships with EOCs, ARES, RACES, and Red Cross serving over 18 million people.
- Andre will also discuss critical network services that must be established in order to make that network useful to disaster Incident Commanders and responders.
- MVMA Volunteers …… HELP!!!: We need MVMA Volunteers to man the booth and talk with those passing by. We also may need some set-up help on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. If you can work the booth at any time on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please reply to this email with the times that you will be available. If you can support setup on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday…. likewise… please reply to this email and let us know when you can help us out.
Many Thanks to all who have supported mesh in the Miami Valley over the past year….. and to all those who continue to do what they can to move this work forward. Your efforts are truly appreciated!!