The next MVMA meeting is tomorrow, September 9th, from 9:30 am to Noon at the Bellbrook Amateur Radio Club (BARC) Clubhouse, located at Sugarcreek Elementary School, 51 South East Street, Bellbrook, OH 45305, Room 1, Lower Level.
- Recent Successes and Learning Experiences
- Status of Mesh Networks and Installs
- Status of WinLink
- Progress (or lack of) on “Summer Tasks” prioritized at our July meeting.
KAS Tower-Related Tasks (Includes Winlink tasks)
- Installing Mesh Node on KAS Tower (2.4 GHz, Dual Polarity MIMO, Omnidirectional).
- Install Winlink RMS Relay on KAS Mesh Node: Integrate Winlink with Mesh
- Rewicker the KAS WinLink computer so it will auto-boot following power failure (without requiring a Windows sign-in).
- Work with Dan Kenney to bring TWC Internet to tower, to replace (or supplement) the cell tower hotspot internet we are now using.
- Adding a 2 meter WinLink server on 145.01, using an existing 2m/70cm antenna (now being used only for a 70cm repeater) by adding a diplexer.
- Getting one of the backup generators on site hooked up, with a fuel supply, to support all systems on the KAS tower (except for cell phone systems, which have their own backup power)..
Non-KAS related summer task docket …..
- Installing solar for mesh on the 2nd Street tank.
- Doing tests at BARC clubhouse to see if mesh links are viable to the KAS Tower Node, and to nodes located on the Ridgeway Drive tanks.
- Doing tests to see if links are viable between the 2nd Street Tank and the Jamestown QTHs of Larry KB8EMD and Brett NV8I.
- Making additional heroic tries….. to get a mesh node installed on:
- The Jamestown tank, by the high school (cover EMD and Brett, NV8I)
- Beavercreek Township Road Dept. tower ….(to cover Tara neighborhood – Phil-ZKR, and Tim-UQI)
- On a BVK fire tower at Knollwood, or Indian Ripple stations. May help ADO, DCP, XA, & JJ. KAS may also fill those needs.
- The Bellbrook Ridgeway Dr. tank. (for BARC clubhouse, Fred, and other Bellbrook players).
- Hands-On Workshops (flash nodes, etc.)